Threatened Species Service Patch Program from MakingFriends.com
Our endangered animal advocate program is for groups and individuals concerned about threatened species.
Anyone can participate at any level. Volunteer as few as two hours of service or make a lifetime commitment to protect honey bees. Girl Scouts*, Boy Scouts and other youth groups can incorporate this patch program into their existing program but you don’t need to belong to any organization to participate. Families, friends, neighbors and even individuals can help to protect threatened species.
Our program highlights the decline in the honey bee population as an area of interest. However, you can choose any species that is threatened or endangered.
The suggested requirements are designed to make the program fun, educational and rewarding. All level requirements are flexible. You decide what works best for your group.
Suitable for anyone who wants to provide a habitat for honey bees including:
- Achievers who can only invest a small amount of time
- Younger achievers such as Daisies* and Tiger Cubs
- Special needs groups and individuals
- Youths beginning a community service commitment
Suitable for anyone who wants to improve the quality of life for local bees including:
- Scout troops and youth groups
- Parent/child or family volunteering
- Individuals with concerns for local bees
- Anyone who has completed our Honey Bee Gardening Service Patch Program
Suitable for anyone who wants to help protect threatened species including:
- Troops of teen scouts and teen youth groups
- Individual teens and adults
- Younger teens with a parent or mentor
- Anyone who has completed one of these service programs:
Honey Bee Supporter,
Sea Life Protector,
Bird Sanctuary Volunteer,
Animal Habitat Protector
Suitable for anyone who wants to organize and lead an endangered species action project:
- Scout troops of older teens and teen youth groups
- Adults concerned about threatened species
- Individual older teens with a parent, leader or mentor
- Anyone who has completed one of these advocate programs:
Endangered Species Advocate,
Sea Life Advocate,
Animal Habitat Advocate