Money Wise Fun Patch Program
Help your girls learn age appropriate money smarts. A trip to the bank or meeting with a financial advisor is a great way to help your girls get educated about personal finances.
424 in stock
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
This 2″ iron-on embroidered fun patch is part of our patch program.
Suggestions for how Scouts of all levels can earn the Money Wise Fun Patch:
Learn basic money smarts.
- Show girls how many quarters, dime, nickels and pennies make $1.
- Teach them how to make change and count back to customer for cookie purchases.
- Show them how to make a plan for troop funds:
- Use some for business (badges, fun patches, registration, uniform, troop supplies)
- Use some for fun (trip or party)
- Use some for service (supplies for project or purchase items to donate)
Suggestions for how Junior and Cadette Girls can earn the Money Wise Patch:
Learn simple budgeting.
- Teach the girls how to set aside troop funds for short and long term goals.
- Use some for immediate fun (trip, party or local event)
- Save some for a big trip. Plan to include expenses for required chaperones.
- Ask the girls to set goals for savings.
Suggestions for how Senior and Ambassador Girls can earn the Money Wise Patch:
Learn money life skills.
- Learn how to open a bank account and write a check.
- Learn how to keep a ledger for checking and savings accounts. It is important to keep accurate records to make sure you have enough in account to cover checks and debits.
- Learn the difference between a debit and credit card and how each works. Teach strategies for keeping PIN #’s safe.
- Discuss which things are worth going into debt for (college, home, car). Discuss alternatives to minimize debt.
- Discuss which things should be seriously considered before charging (clothing, entertainment).
- Teach them about loans: principal and interest.
- Learn how to minimize debt by making payments toward the principal balance to reduce the amount of a loan.
- Making minimum credit card payments will keep you in debt much longer and interest continues to be added.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|