Flag Ceremony Service Patch (Square)
Iron on! 2″ embroidered patch. The “Flag Ceremony” Service Patch can be a great acknowledgement that your group respects the American Flag. Especially appropriate for Flag Day activities or patriotic holiday events.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Iron on! 2″ embroidered patch. The “Flag Ceremony” Service Patch can be a great acknowledgement that your group respects the American Flag. Especially appropriate for Flag Day activities or patriotic holiday events. This 2″ iron-on embroidered fun patch is part of our patch program.
Flag Ceremony Terms:
- The flag bearer is the person who carries the flag. There is one flag bearer for each flag in the ceremony.
- The color guard is usually four or six girls who walk and stand along side the flag bearers.
- The caller announces (or calls) each part of the ceremony.
Some Suggested Commands for a Flag Ceremony:
- “Color guard, attention” Used to announce that the flag ceremony is to begin.
- “Color guard, advance” Signals the color guard to advance with the flags or advance to pick up the flags.
- “Color guard, honor your flag” Signals the color guard to salute the flag or place their hands over their heart.
- “Please join us in saying the Pledge of Allegiance” Used to announce the pledge will be started by the caller.
- “Color guard, dismissed” Prompts the color guard to leave in formation, with or without the flag.
Suggestions for How Daisy* and Brownie* Girls can earn the Flag Ceremony Patch:
Participate in a troop flag ceremony.
Be able to recite the pledge of allegiance. Take a turn being a flag bearer, the caller or part of the color guard during a flag ceremony at a troop meeting.
Suggestions for How Junior* and Cadette* Girls can earn the Flag Ceremony Patch:
Participate in a community flag ceremony.
Volunteer to plan and carry out a flag ceremony in your community. Some ideas are sporting events, political events, assemblies, dedications, town meetings, school events or service unit events.
Suggestions for How Senior* and Ambassador* Girls can earn the Flag Ceremony Patch:
Participate in a Flag Retirement Ceremony
Learn how to respectfully retire worn flags. Offer to collect worn flags in your community and properly retire them.
|Dimensions||1 × 1 × 1 in|