Sewing Patch Program®
This 2″ iron-on embroidered patch is part of the patch program® from MakingFriends®.com.
Suggestions for how Daisy* and Brownie* Girls can earn the Sewing Patch:
- Bring in sneakers or shoes with laces. Ask the girls to demonstrate that they can lace them properly
- Do a lacing project with lacing cards or plastic canvas like this one from FreeKidsCrafts.com.
- Learn how to thread a needle and tie a knot at the end of your thread.
- Learn how to do a back stitch.
- Do a simple hand sewing project like this fleece tissue holder using a back stitch.
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine.
- Learn how to back stitch to start and and end a seam.
- Do a simple project like this personal care kit to take camping or sew patches or badges on to your vest.
Scouts love their 18″ dolls, so why not incorporate that into this sewing patch by making the Easy Hat for 18 Inch Doll from FreeKidsCrafts.com? With just fleece and needle and thread your girls can create one of a kind doll hats.