Peace Patch Program®
This 2″ iron-on embroidered patch is part of the patch program® from MakingFriends®.com.
Peace is not just about peace in our world. It’s about finding inner peace as well as peace in our community, school, Girl Scout troop and even peace in our family.
Suggestions for how younger girls can earn the peace patch:
- Make a Peace Bag. What helps you destress? Reading? Writing? Walking? Dancing, Coloring? Gather some “peaceful things” and keep them in a bag for when you are feeling stress. Here 1s a peace-printable to get you started.
- Participate in Pinwheels for Peace
- Learn about inner peace with yoga and meditation
- Watch videos about bullying and discuss strategies kids can use in their lives
Suggestions for how older girls can earn earn the peace patch:
- Make a Peace Bag. What helps you destress? Talking? Yoga? Music? Crafts? Gather some “peaceful things” and keep them in a bag for when you are feeling stress. Here 1s a coloring page to get you started.
- Start or improve a Pinwheels for Peace celebration in your area.
- Teach younger girls about inner peace with yoga and meditation.
- Make a Peace Pole for your community.
- Spread awareness about cyber-bullying.
There are many days during the year you can talk to your girls about peace:
- January 15: Martin Luther King’s Birthday: A Day of Service
- January 24. International Day of Education: Global Campaign for Peace Education (GCPE)
- February 1 – 7. World Interfaith Harmony Week: The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers
- February 20. World Day of Social Justice: World Day of Social Justice
- March 8. International Women’s Day: Global women’s peace networks
- March 21. Inner Peace Day: World Day for Inner Peace
- April 5. International Day of Conscience: Culture of Peace News Network (CPNN)
- April 6. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: Peace and Sport initiative.
- May 4. Anti-Bullying Day: Anti-Bullying Day
- May 16. International Day of Living Together in Peace: UN International Day of Living Together in Peace
- June 5. World Environment Day: War Threatens Our Environment
- June 21. International Day of Yoga: International Day of Yoga
- July 30. International Day of Friendship: International Day of Friendship
- September 21. International Day of Peace: International Day of Peace
- October 2. International Day of Non-Violence: Nonviolence International
- November 10. World Science Day for Peace and Development: Science for Peace
- December 20. International Human Solidarity Day: UN International Solidarity Day