I’m a Healthy Eater Patch Program
This 2″ iron-on embroidered patch is part of our patch program.
Eating healthy can be delicious! Try some of these ideas:
- Instead of potato chips, try apple chips
- Instead of chocolate chip cookies, try raspberry oatmeal cookies
- Instead of chocolate brownies, try black bean brownies
- Instead of buttered and salted popcorn, try roasted chick peas
- Instead of chocolate chip muffins, try dark chocolate quinoa muffins
- Instead of sugary cereal, try apple cinnamon oatmeal
- Instead of eggs and toast, try microwave quiche
- Instead of pancakes and syrup, try whole wheat pancakes with strawberries
- Instead of an Italian sub sandwich, try cucumber turkey subs
- Instead of pizza, try humus pizza
- Instead of a sandwich, try lunch kabobs
- Instead of a chicken salad sandwich, try chicken lettuce wraps
- Instead of baked ziti, try cauliflower baked ziti
- Instead of hamburgers and fries, try turkey burgers with sweet potato fries
- Instead of spaghetti and meatballs, try spaghetti squash with Bolognese sauce
- Instead of macaroni and cheese, try butternut squash macaroni and cheese
Suggestions for how Daisy* and Brownie* Girls can earn the Healthy Eater Patch:
Have a healthier snacks at your meetings.
- Commit to healthier snacks at your meetings. Try experimenting with unsalted, unbuttered popcorn and adding your own toppings: popcorn toppings
- Bring home some leftovers that you think your family would like to try. Ask if you can keep the ingredients at home for after-school snacks.
Suggestions for how Junior* and Cadette* Girls can earn the Healthy Eater Patch:
Cook with your troop.
Plan, budget and cook a healthy meal with your troop. Share a favorite family recipe and consider making all the recipes in a book to bring home and try with your family.
*MakingFriends®.com is not affiliated with, endorsed by or a licensee of Girl Scouts of the USA.