Troop 15036, at the time of this event, had 15 Daisy’s and 2 Brownies. Approximately 23 scouts attended our JEDI* Training Scout Event which included our girls and another new troop that we had invited. When we decided we wanted to do something this big for our troop … we went all out! We made a list of what foods we were looking for specifically and used sign up genius. As you can see the families REALLY stepped up and helped make this happen! I have to admit that we have some awesome support from them. We had an adult at each station and went into our event with confidence because we did have planning meetings and lots of conversations. I am very proud of what we pulled off. The planning was key though, as well as people on that committee who were die hard STAR WARS* fans!
Below is the final outline for our JEDI* Training Scout Event. Needless to say, it was a hit!
Setup: Kids will be broken out into teams of four and will move through each station – 20 minutes each.
Station 1 – JEDI* are the Guardians of Peace
- Project: Peace Rocks
- Instructions: Children will paint peace rocks to be hidden under “Frederick Rocks.” The rocks should portray peace in some way on the front side. They will have our troop number and “Frederick Rocks” on the back side.
- Supplies: Rocks, Paint, Acrylic Spray
Station 2 – JEDI* promise to Defend and Protect
- Project: Pool Noodle LIGHTSABERS*
- Instructions: Children will add duct tape to the end of a pool noodle to create a “LIGHTSABER.”
- Supplies: Pool Noodles cut in half, Duct Tape, Black Marker
Station 3 – JEDI* promise to Respect All Life
- Project: Galaxy Slime and the YODA* Ears or PRINCESS LEIA* Buns
- Instructions: Pre-make the slime and the kids will just be combing the colors and bagging it. Order thin black head bands for the ears and buns.
- Supplies: Baggies and different color slime.
Station 4 – JEDI* promise to Serve Others
- Project: Sweet Cases
- Instructions: Children will decorate the duffel bags to be given to children in foster care. There are only 10 bags and 23 children, so kids will have to share.
- Supplies: Duffel Bags, Fabric Crayons
Station 5 – JEDI* must always improve through Knowledge & Training
- Project: Physical skills activities – bowling down the dark forces.
- Instructions: Children complete each skill/game.
- Supplies: Bowling Set with DARTH VADER* and STORMTROOPER* heads
Award Ceremony – After the completion of all activities, the kids are awarded with a certificate and a will take a photo.
- Supplies: Certificates, Backdrop for photos, Camera
*JEDI, STAR WARS, LIGHTSABER, YODA, PRINCESS LEIA, DARTH VADER and STORMTROOPER are registered trademarks of LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
The Outdoor Fun Patch from MakingFriends®.com will help your girls remember the fun at your troop or service unit outdoor event.